Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Change error message in output for missingxinclude?

Quoting "Schramm, Martin" <MSchramm@harmanbecker.com>:

> But sometimes there is no data to be published in those files. So there
> is no file and the specific folder is empty, where the xinclude
> reference points to. In this case, when we publish the "mother" file as
> HTML or FO/PDF, there is naturally an error message in red letters
> saying "<xi:include></xi:include>".

Changing this via a customization layer is certainly doable, but why
not do it the other way round: wouldn't it be feasible to instruct
your processing applications that create the data to be included to
create a stub document instead of creating no output at all? This way
your messages could even be more specific than a one-size-fits-all
message generated by the customization layer.

just a thought.

Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka