Subject: [docbook-apps] What is wrong in this title page spec?

I have to create a page-master for legal notice-only. In the page sequence it
appears after the default titlepage.

But, despite spending long time reading the customization section on TDG5, I
am stuck at 2 places:
1) The pages (recto & verso) are being generated, but they always turned
empty.
2) The page number in footer is not roman numerals. The table of contents
(coming after the page containing legal notice) is in romal numerals.

Here is my spec:
    <t:titlepage t:element="d:legalnotice" t:wrapper="fo:block">
      <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
        <legalnotice />
    </t:titlepage-content>

    <t:titlepage-content t:side="verso">
    </t:titlepage-content>

    <t:titlepage-separator>
    </t:titlepage-separator>

    <t:titlepage-before t:side="recto">
    </t:titlepage-before>

    <t:titlepage-before t:side="verso">
    </t:titlepage-before>
    </t:titlepage>

Also tried this (in spec above):
        <legalnotice param:mode = "titlepage" />

what could be going wrong here?

~spr