Subject: Menuchoices in lists, using FOP

Hi,

I'm using Docbook and the related XSL stylesheets pretty successfully
except for one odd problem.

I have a number of procedures containing steps, and if a para inside
a step contains a menuchoice, and my stylesheet sets:

<xsl:param name="menuchoice.menu.separator">
   <fo:inline font-family="Symbol"> &#x2192; </fo:inline>
</xsl:param>

then the step's sequence number is drawn vertically offset from the
first line of the text. I uploaded a screenshot of this to a bug report:

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?
group_id=21935&atid=373747&file_id=250147&aid=1815080>

This occurs if I use either xep 4 or fop 0.94. I'm running on Solaris.

The reason I'm explicitly setting the Symbol font is to workaround a
known problem in fop. That workaround's also done in fo/inline.xsl in
docbook-xsl 1.73.2, but only if fop1.extensions is non-zero.

Why is the line height getting mangled?

Is there a better way of getting an arrow character as a separator
here, if I'm using fop?

Cheers,

Chris