Subject: Imagedata and XInclude

Title: Message
Greetings!
I am puzzled by the benign error that I get in validating XIncluded content with Oxygen. Here is the section of code:

<mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata align="center">
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" href="EEC-Math-template.xml"/>
</imagedata>
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>
</equation>

and I get the following error in validation:

SystemID: C:\doc\userman\xml\EEC-Section-Template.xml
Location: 300:12

I usually do all of my production XML with Docbook 4.5, Saxon 6.5.5 and FOP 0.94 (with the Jeuclid plugin) which produces output just fine. In the past I have cleared up issues of XIncludes by using the stuff in Stayton's book (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ValidXinclude.html), but in this case, I'm not sure what to add to my ENTITYs to clear this up, as it looks like <imagedata> doesn't like xi:xinclude'd files.

I do not believe that this is an oXygen issue, I believe that this is a Docbook modular issue where the Docbook "modularity" support only goes down a few layers?

Thoughts and guidance?

Dean Nelson
Sr. Software Engineer
Enterprise Electronics Corp
http://www.EECradar.com

"A pessimist is a person that complains of the noise when opportunity knocks" - Cleon Lyles

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this  message and delete this e-mail immediately.