Subject: RE: [docbook] Legal Notice Link Problem

egal Notice</a>

[Moving this thread to the docbook-apps list, where stylesheet issues are
discussed]

There is a bug in DocBook XSL 1.73.2 (and earlier) that garbles the
legalnotice link when you generate single-page HTML (it works for chunked
output). This is fixed in Subversion, and you can test it by using a
snapshot release: http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/.

The calculation of the legalnotice filename is now done as follows:

1. First, there is a check to see if a filename is given by the <?dbhtml
filename="..."?> processing instruction. If so, that filename is used.

2. If the legalnotice has an id/xml:id attribute, and if the
use.id.as.filename parameter != 0, then the filename is the concatenation of
the id/xml:id value and the value of the html.ext parameter.

3. If the legalnotice does not have an id/xml:id attribute, or if
use.id.as.filename = 0, then the filename is the concatenation of "ln-",
auto-generated id value, and html.ext value.

By the way, this naming scheme also applies to revhistory when
generate.revhistory.link = 1 (for case 3, the prefix is "rh-").

/MJ