Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] div-like container element?

Do you mean that you'd be nesting them?  If not, then having a
document full of informalexamples might not be a problem.

I asked a similar question on the Docbook mailing list a while back,
and the general answer is that there is no tag that does what you
mention, the primary reason being that it would be very hard/
impossible to describe to the schema what elements were allowed
within this hypothetical <contentgroup> tag, since that would depend
on the parent element of the <contentgroups> tag.

However, it might be possible to introduce something more constrained
- for example, a <paralist> tag, that could go anywhere that an
unbounded sequence of <para>s could go, and could itself contain an
unbounded sequence of <para>s.  That would probably satisfy my
requirements in 90% of the cases I'm interested in, and perhaps yours
too?

Geraint North
Principal Engineer
Transitive

On 26 Nov 2007, at 18:39, Anthony Ettinger wrote:

> Sadly, in my case, i would have nothing but informal examples :)
>

> On Nov 26, 2007 7:13 AM, Geraint North <geraint@transitive.com> wrote:
>> Semantically abhorrent as it is, how about an informalexample?  You
>> can drop them in between paragraph or in paragraphs, and they can
>> contain multiple paragraphs, as well as much more.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geraint North
>> Principal Engineer
>> Transitive
>>

>> On 22 Nov 2007, at 2:14, Jean Jordaan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I want to include a block of a few paragraphs in more than one
>>> document.
>>> They aren't substantial enough to warrant a section with a title of
>>> its
>>> own. I'm looking for something neutral like <phrase>, but at block-