Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Q: markup author as initials

Hi,

maybe you could define your own values to use in the 'role' attribute.
I've done that earlier with the 'phrase' element, and actually just
realised I also need to do something similar to what you are trying to
achieve.

It might be worth trying, something like: <personname
role="approver">AJH</personname>.  Does anyone see obvious problems
with this approach?  At least according to TDG, @role "provides
additional, user-specified classification for an element."

In your stylesheet customization layer you could then generate the
"Document Approval: " text based on the value of @role.

HTH,
Jere