Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] change bars

Hi Douglas,
You have the import backwards.  The idea is to format your document with the changebars.xsl stylesheet, not import it.  You should copy the changebars.xsl to a new name, edit it to import your existing customization layer, and process with your new customized changebars.xsl.

I haven't tried it with htmlhelp, which adds another layer of import.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:14 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] change bars

I am confused (what's new) about how to use changebars.xsl. I purchased Bob's book and it states on page 469 for html. I am using stylesheet version 1.73.2.

"If you have a customization of the HTML stylesheet that you would rather use to format the results, then copy the changebars.xsl stylesheet and change the xsl:import statement to import your stylesheet instead of the stock docbook.xsl. It will work with chunking or nonchunking customizations. You change the colors and styles of the change markup by customizing the template named system.head.content from the changebars.xsl file."

So, I added changebars.xsl to to top of my customization file: docbook-htmlhelp.xsl

<xsl:import href="./html/changebars.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="./htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl"/>

and to my second customization file: docbook-html.xsl

<xsl:import href="./html/chunk.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="./html/changebars.xsl"/>

no love. I looked at the source and no class for changes are present. Am I placing the files in the location or ?

I did a test of the changebars.xsl doing a one liner and that worked (see below). I did copy the CSS styles that generated and placed them into my CSS file.

java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o result.html UserGuideSGML.xml "C:\Documents and Settings\wadedo\My Documents\work\Documentation\docbook-xsl-1.73.2\html\changebars.xsl"

"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."
-Franklin P. Jones