Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Ant XSLT task error

Ok, but be aware that a limitation of the java task is that if you pass
in an argument, then you have to pass in a value. For example, with the
xslt task, you can do:

	<xslt processor="trax"
	  classpath="${saxon_class_path}"
	  in="${in}"
	  out="${out}"
	  style="${stylesheet_path}"
	  force="${xslt-force-regeneration}">
	  <xmlcatalog refid="main-catalog"/>
	  <param name="generate.toc" expression="${generate.toc}"
if="generate.toc"/>

Where if="generate.toc" says, "only pass in this param if the
generate.toc property is set." With java task, if you pass in a param,
then it will always be passed in (it can be null, but it will be passed
in). There will be times when you want to have the flexiblity of using
the default from the xslts if you choose not to set that property in
your build file. So you might find your self doing more than one pass
anyway. One to resolve the xincludes and another to call the docbook
xslts from with an xslt task. But I suppose you could always run an xslt
to generate another ant file with the java task and any args only if
their value is not null, then run that ant script :-)

David