Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Weird olink database error

Hi Eric,

I suffer from the same problem but using the "website" XSL application. In
this case Saxon issues a HTML DOCTYPE on the top of the file.

I've posted the same question in this forum some weeks ago but I get no
response at all. I hope you were more fortunate than me.

Regards,

Pedro

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Johnson, Eric [mailto:Eric.Johnson@iona.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 03 de diciembre de 2007 16:51
Para: docbook-apps
Asunto: [docbook-apps] Weird olink database error

In my travails to move a build system from xsltproc based to Saxon based,
I've hit several snags where the output from xsltproc and Saxon are
different using the exact same style sheets. I've been asking questions
here, because I suspect the users here would have more familiarity with the
complete toolset that users on other lists. If that is incorrect, I will
redirect my questions to the more appropriate list.

The latest snag I've hit is that when building the olink target data base
using the xhtml chunking sheet set to only build the target database, Saxon
adds a blank line followed by the XHTML DOCTYPE to the top of the file. I
worked around this by switching to the html version of the style sheet, but
since we generate the docs in xhtml, it would be better if I could use the
xhtml version. Again, I'm using the same customization layer, just different
XSLT processors. Style sheet version
1.73.1 with xsltproc is fine. Style sheet version 1.73.1 with Saxon creates
extra stuff.

Do I need to use the Saxon extensions to clear this up?

Many Thanks for the help,
Eric