Subject: Generating a customized TOC & chunking.

Hi,

First, a brief introduction to what I'm trying to do.

Background: Creating ePub from DocBook
******************************
I'm trying to build on the DocBook XSL an 'ePub' output. 'ePub' is the
nickname for a set of standards for a reflowable ebook format. The
standards build on XHTML 1.1 and CSS for the content. There is
additional XML for navigaiton and a manifest.

I've created a new instance of the html2xhtml.xsl. I have, at least
against one test, validating XHTML 1.1 from a docbook xml document.

Now, I'm starting on what seems to be the hard part. There's a couple of
extra files that I need to create, one is a toc (it's not in XHTML but
in another XML vocabulary.) The other file I need to add is the OPF
file, which is basically a manifest, a set of metadata, and a listing of
the chapters.

Now my question:
How do I use the chunking HTML stylesheets but generate a separate TOC
with a different format (not HTML) and have the links work from the TOC
to the targets inside the chunks? Is the answer in "Customized hrefs"
(in chapter 12 of "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide"), or is that not the
right direction?

Thanks,

Paul Norton
norton@adobe.com