Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating a customized TOC & chunking.

Two possible starting points using the base DocBook stylesheets:

* Olink databases, if you use olinks. To quote 'Target database
additional uses' in Chapter 24 of Stayton's book:

"You may find additional uses for the target database that keeps track
of potential olink targets. The database contains structured information
about a collection of documents. The information includes the hierarchy
of division and section elements, with enough information to form links
to them. You could, for example, generate a master table of contents for
all of your documents."

I use a sitemap to generate HTML breadcrumbs, for example.

* eclipse/eclipse.xsl (Chapter 24) generates an Eclipse toc and
manifest. Maybe you could customize that stylesheet.

HTH,
Denis