Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP on Mac OS X--missing hyphenation file forlanguage "en"

Hi Mark,

Mark Twenhafel wrote:
> Thanks for all the previous help.  I have just downloaded and unpacked
> fop-0.94 to a directory and am trying to run fop on my saxon-created .fo
> file.  This is the message I get:
>
> redpoint:~/docbook/fop-0.94 mark$ ./fop /Users/mark/myfile.fo
> /Users/mark/myfile.pdf
> Jan 6, 2008 4:27:30 PM org.apache.fop.hyphenation.HyphenatorgetHyphenationTree
> SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en
>
> My understanding is that the English language hyphenation does not have to
> be downloaded separately and that the shell script fop sets its own
> CLASSPATH, so I don't have to.

It used to be true in the past, but it no longer is. Where did you find
such an indication? There is probably some documentation to update
somewhere.
Have a look a the following page:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/hyphenation.html
Basically you have to download the hyphenation patterns from another
website and put the fop-hyph.jar file you get in the build/ directory of
your FOP installation. This separate process is necessary because of
licensing issues (hyphenation patterns may not be distributed with FOP).

HTH,
Vincent