Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Docbook: Customising DTD to allow xinclude in place of...

Paul
I had the same problem a few months ago. I am using Saxon 6.5.5 and Fop 0.94 with the Jeuclid plugin.

I modified the DTD this way:

<!ENTITY % equation.content            "(alt?, (graphic+|mediaobject+|mathphrase+|mml:math))">
<!ENTITY % inlineequation.content    "(alt?, (inlinegraphic+|inlinemediaobject+|mathphrase+|mml:math))">
and my xincluded file "myequation.xml" looked like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
     <!DOCTYPE mml:math PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD MathML 2.0//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd" [
        <!ENTITY % MATHML.prefixed "INCLUDE">
        <!ENTITY % MATHML.prefix "mml">
        ]>
<mml:math xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML" id="mymath">
  <!-- <mml:math id="mymath">-->
    <mml:mrow>
    <mml:mo>&sum;</mml:mo>
    <mml:mn>4</mml:mn>
    <mml:mo>+</mml:mo>
    <mml:mi>x</mml:mi>
  </mml:mrow>
</mml:math>

And the way it was xincluded in the docbook file:
      <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" href="myequation.xml"/>
    </equation>
I think that you got pretty close.

Hope this helps,