Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook editor

lars.bjerges@swedbank.se wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience in using MS Word as a DocBook editor?
> Does it work?
> Is it easy or hard to set up?
> Is it easy or hard to use?
I don't have experience with MS Word but I have been looking into using
OpenOffice (an open source package not all that different from MS Word).
OpenOffice has some built-in support for DocBook but from what I can
tell it's a bit clunky and it does not support the latest DocBook 5.0
standard as far as I can tell. It would be god to get input from others
on this list but from my very limited experience in this area it doesn't
seem like MS Word and OpenOffice Writer are well suited to write DocBook
files unless you can limit yourself to a  restricted set of styles using
a template.