Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook editor

>  Actually, there's no difference between the two platforms in this
regard.  OS X also has file associations, and when using them, Eclipse
launches but doesn't open the file when you double-click on it, just
like Windows.  I just tried it on Leopard against Eclipse 3.3.1.1.

>  I guess this speaks well of Java's portability: even the bugs
translate perfectly. :)
I think it's no bug. Eclipse is a IDE for programmers not an editor. And
for this purpose this is the right behavior. You open your IDE and you
get the view (open files, etc.) which one you close it the evening
before. It's more a desktop for the developers.
If you need an good working, cross platform XML editor I would advise
JEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) with the XML plugin.

I set up my docbook projects as Eclipse projects with a ANT file to
build the output files and a SVN server as version control system. You
can put all your source files to the source folder and there I don't
care about file endings. If it's better for Eclipse my source files are
*.xml files.

So you have to run into trouble if you try to use an IDE as an editor.

No harm meant

Stefan