Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XSLT for HTML from CALSTables

Hi Debra,

> @2008-01-30 15:29 -0600:
> I am trying to use the latesst DocBook CALS html stylesheet. I seem to
> be missing some bits:
>
> There are some variables/params not defined. I assume these are in a
> calling or included stylesheet. Where would this be?

It's a part of the DocBook XSL stylesheets distribution. You can
download the latest release version (v1.73.2) of those from here:

  http://docbook.sf.net/files/xsl/latest

> There are a number of functions, such as "adjustColumnWidths". Would
> these be supported in my Saxon 7 processor? Or do I need to get these
> from somewhere?

Those are not supported natively by Saxon. The DocBook XSL
stylesheets are designed to work with XSLT1 engines, as are the
extensions that provide those functions. So I'm not sure they work
with Saxon 7, which is an XSLT2 engine -- and is anyway obsoleted
now by Saxon 9 (and by Saxon 8 before that).

To use those functions, you need to have the DocBook XSL
extensions for Saxon, and you need to use Saxon 6.5. The
extensions are bundled with the DocBook XSL stylesheets release,
as a jar file in the extensions/ subdirectory:

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/extensions/

So you need to have those in your Java classpath when you run the
transform with Saxon 6.

For more details, see Bob Stayton's book:

  http://sagehill.net/book-description.html#paperback

The parts that cover how to use the table extensions are also
available online here:

  http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InstallingAProcessor.html#SaxonExtensions
  http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ColumnWidths.html

Hope that helps,