Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Simple way to have no (apparent) cover pages in PDF output

Yes, a chapter element generates a page-sequence in FO output, and a page sequence always starts on a new page.  If you want to use book and chapter, you'll need to customize both templates so that book generates a page-sequence for all your content, and chapter does not.  Or you might just use article, if that suffices for your needs.  An article is a single page-sequence.

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:25 AM

I’m trying to use DocBook to build a short Quick Guide type document. I want the book or article title to be printed like a first level heading with very little other default stuff like copyright, author info, etc. , and no page breaks after the rector and verso pages.

I’m able to pretty easily get just the elements that I want and no others, but for the life of me I can’t see how to avoid a page break before the content. I think it might be that the chapter elements get a page break by default. I can’t seem to deduce how to make the output not have a page break before the chapters.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

Alan C. Oehler