Subject: Page breaks at chapters

I’ve been trying to get a book to have no page breaks before chapters in the PDF output. Bob Stayton offered the advice that “a chapter element generates a page-sequence in FO output, and a page sequence always starts on a new page.  If you want to use book and chapter, you'll need to customize both templates so that book generates a page-sequence for all your content, and chapter does not.”

I took a look at the book and chapter templates but it was a bit murky to me how they generate page sequences and how to accomplish what Bob suggests. Does anyone have any further clarification that they can offer?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Alan C. Oehler

Sr. Technical Writer