Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] multiple Xinclude

Mansour wrote:
> I have a document that use multiple recursive include. Each included
> file is in a subdirectory. For example, I have master.docbook that
> includes chapter1.docbook which includes section1.docbook which includes
> an SVG image file in IMAGES_DIR/image1.svg
>
> These files are structured as follows:
>
> ROOT_DIR
>    master.docbook
>    CHAPTERS_DIR
>        chapter1.docbook
>        SECTIONS_DIR
>               section1.docbook
>               IMAGES_DIR
>                     image1.svg
>
> When I compile the file master.docbook to produce pdf the images do not
> show, and I get this error during fop:

[...]

> However, when I remove the CHAPTERS_DIR and put everything in it with
> the same level as master.docbook, things work fine. For example if I do
> this:
>
> ROOT_DIR
>    master.docbook
>    chapter1.docbook
>    SECTIONS_DIR
>        section1.docbook
>        IMAGES_DIR
>            image1.svg
>
> Then things are OK. Of course I change the path in the master.docbook.
> What am I missing??

I remember having seen similar issues in the past. URLs are relative to
the base URL of the document they appear in, so this info needs to be
preserved during xinclude processing (i.e. xml:base attributes have to
be added). May be that didn't happen ?
I'm not sure this is an issue with docbook. It may be with your xslt
processor.

Regards,
		Stefan