Subject: suppressing table captions

Hello,

I'm trying to suppress table and figure captions. I've tried playing
with formal.title.properties and object.title.markup but so far I've
been quote unsuccessful. The table markup (below) is rather simple,
and I'm processing it with the FO stylesheets. I'm trying to get rid
of the caption completely, so both the "Table 1" as well as the
<caption> tag will be ignored (regardless of it being defined or not).

Any suggestions?

thank you,
Mayo jordanov

        <!-- <caption>Sample HTML Table</caption> -->
        <thead>
            <th>Col 1</th>
            <th>Col 2</th>
        </thead>