Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XInclude without xml:base

Hi,

On Freitag, 7. März 2008, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> >> In each directory there's a docbook file to be included in the upper
> >> level  document.  So, I have in section1.xml and XInclude with a
> >> reference to images/image1.svg, now the issue is the final generated
> >> "FO" has xml:base "section/images" only.
> >
> > Do I understood it right: The FO file contain xml:base attributes?
> > Where do they came from? I never saw this happen.
>
> If a.xml includes subdir/b.xml, the anchor node holding the b.xml
> document inside the result set has to get xml:base="subdir/b.xml". It's
> the xml processor (in this case, xslt processor) which has to do this.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but that was not my point. The *FO* shouldn't
get a xml:base, right? :)
For me, it looked like the original poster described a final FO file
containing a xml:base attribute (see above).

> And more often than not, that's exactly what is broken. (xsltproc has
> some bugs, and apparently saxon has, too)

Oh, I was not aware of this. It seems I never run into this problem
luckily. ;)

Thanks for clarification, Stefan.
Tom

--