Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] indexterm and FOP

Emmanuel Bégué wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Our indexterm have primary as children elements, and those
> primary elements contain terms that should appear in the
> index, but do not appear in the text.

I agree it would be nice if content could be used for the index
term, but many times the entry is different from the actual
content.

See the example at

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/indexterm.html

It is necessary to add the content you want which is
used in the index, as extra text.
Note that the indexterm content does not appear in
the output main text.

regards

--
Dave Pawson