Subject: Re: Request For Clarification: Indexterm processing in auto-index generation.

/ Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> was heard to say:
| Suggest putting the responsibility on the author?
| If they choose to use
| <primary>Foo</primary>  then that is exactly what they'll get?

I don't follow. "Foo" is the index term, that's what appears in the index:

     Fable, ...
     Fanciful, ...
     Foo, ...

The question is, what should go in place of "..." in the HTML case.

| Norm, you haven't commented on the fo case?

The FO stylesheets do the right thing, using page numbers and
collapsing multiple references to the same page into a single
reference.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--