Subject: Re: Request For Clarification: Indexterm processing in auto-indexgeneration.

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> was heard to say:
> | Suggest putting the responsibility on the author?
> | If they choose to use
> | <primary>Foo</primary>  then that is exactly what they'll get?
>
> I don't follow. "Foo" is the index term, that's what appears in the index:

>      Fable, ...
>      Fanciful, ...
>      Foo, ...
>
> The question is, what should go in place of "..." in the HTML case.

If I (the author) want more than a primary,
then (according to tdg) I should use secondary (...) content?

If I (the author) only use primary index content
then present me with primary content only.

Isn't that what it's for?

> | Norm, you haven't commented on the fo case?
>
> The FO stylesheets do the right thing, using page numbers and
> collapsing multiple references to the same page into a single
> reference.

OK. Thanks. As you say "The right thing"

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.