Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Duplicate IDs mess up FO TOC

Hello Bob,

I think I discovered a little bug in the XML snippet you made. On the test dealing with @xml:id you made a concat with @id instead of @xml:id

 <xsl:when test="$object/@xml:id and $preceding.xid != 0">
    <xsl:value-of select="concat($object/@xml:id, $preceding.xid)"/>
  </xsl:when>

Regards,
Mimil

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 7:17 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Here is a solution that will appear in the forthcoming Fourth Edition of my book (no release date yet).

The object.id template is used to generate the output id attribute as well as the link for any element.  As long as it produces consistent output for the same element, your links should work.

In this customization, it counts the number of preceding elements with the same id.  If the count is greater than zero, then it appends the count to the id value.  It works with both @id and @xml:id for db5 documents.

<xsl:template name="object.id">
 <xsl:param name="object" select="."/>

 <xsl:variable name="id" select="@id"/>
 <xsl:variable name="xid" select="@xml:id"/>

 <xsl:variable name="preceding.id"
      select="count(preceding::*[@id = $id])"/>

 <xsl:variable name="preceding.xid"
      select="count(preceding::*[@xml:id = $xid])"/>

 <xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="$object/@id and $preceding.id != 0">
    <xsl:value-of select="concat($object/@id, $preceding.id)"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="$object/@id">
    <xsl:value-of select="$object/@id"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="$object/@xml:id and $preceding.xid != 0">
    <xsl:value-of select="concat($object/@id, $preceding.xid)"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="$object/@xml:id">
    <xsl:value-of select="$object/@xml:id"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
    <xsl:value-of select="generate-id($object)"/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
 </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

DocBook Consulting