Subject: Turn off draft mode in selected sections

In the DocBook stylesheet tutorial at
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/draft.mode.html
it says that:
"individual sections will be treated as draft or final
independently, depending on how their status attribute is set.
"

What are the legal values of the status attribute?

I tried <chapter status="draft"> and that particular chapter
had the draft watermark, etc, and the rest of the document
did not. I want the exact opposite, .i.e., I want the book
to be in draft mode by default, with selected sections in
"final" mode.

I only want this because I observed that when draft mode is on,
the PDF does not have any images except the draft watermark.
I thought that something like the following might work:

<book status="draft">
   <title/>
</book>
but "no" didn't work.