Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Table of Contents starts on page 4 / page breaks between lists of figures, examples, tables

Andrew,

I ran into that recently too... and found the cause and the solution in
an earlier post by Bob Stayton on this newsgroup:

The DocBook titlepage specs include a separator item after the title
pages:

  <t:titlepage-separator>
      <fo:block break-after="page"/>
  </t:titlepage-separator>

This is supposed to just force a page break after the end of the verso
titlepage content.  This works fine in XEP and Antenna House, but FOP
creates an extra page with it.  This is a long standing bug in FOP's
handling of breaks... Making this an empty element would eliminate the
extra
blank page before the TOC:

  <t:titlepage-separator>
  </t:titlepage-separator>

Hope that helps...

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew McFarland [mailto:aamcfarland@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:14 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] Table of Contents starts on page 4 / page breaks
between lists of figures, examples, tables

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with the Table of Contents and Lists of
Figures, Examples, and Tables. I've been going through the docs and
source (and sagehill.net) for a couple of hours, to no avail

When I process a DocBook book against the 1.73.2 XSLT to get a PDF, the
ToC starts on page 4, with just the book title repeated on Page 2, and
no content on page 3. How do I change this so the ToC starts on page 2
or 3?

My lists of figures, examples, and tables all start on a new page. How
do I change this? (I don't want page breaks before/after each list.)

Example xml and pdf attached.

Andrew
--
You did not read the manual