Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] First post, first questions

Thomas,
The link to the applethelp stuff changed when the project switched from
cvs to svn. It hasn't been updated in a while, so may need some changes
to synch it up with the latest version of the xsls:

http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/contrib/xsl/appl
ethelp/

But let's back up a bit. Depending on your needs, there might be a
better way to do it. For example, here's an example of someone using a
tree control library to do the toc pane:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200804/msg00074.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200804/msg00095.html

The applethelp stuff gives you a toc and index tab in a nav pane, but I
don't recall (and doubt) if it gives you deep linking or synching of the
toc and suspect it would be difficult to add.

It could be that you'd be better off starting with a javascript tree
control thingy. You could then add some code to support deep linking to
a topic (such that the toc pane still appears) and for a synch toc
button.

So first off, what features do you need?

David