Subject: Re: Re: Overlapping table headers

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:27:37 +0300, Mauritz Jeanson <mj@johanneberg.com>
wrote:

> You probably have to use hyphenation to work around the overlap problem,
> so you must configure FOP and install hyphenation pattern files.

   Ok, sorry, I misunderstood you.

   You are right - if I install the fop hyphenation patterns, the word
"COMPARTMENT" is hyphenated (to three lines) and there is no overlap.

   However, hyphenating table headers looks quite bad, so I'll keep looking
for another solution. There is also an issue with the restrictive licences
on the hyphenation pattern files.

   Since this seems to be a FOP issue, I'll go and ask about it on the fop
user mailing list.

   Thanks for your help!

> The sample configuration file that comes with FOP does not have a
> <hyphenation-base> option, but it is described here:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/configuration.html

   Hyphenation seemed to work just fine without this option just by placing
fop-hyph.jar in fop's lib dir. No changes to the configuration file were
required.

       -::Antti::-