Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Simplify HTML output for sect1 header

Hi Boris,

On Freitag, 6. Juni 2008, Boris wrote:
> I'm writing my first customization layer trying to simplify the HTML
> output for a sect1 header. By default I get:

> However I need something really simple like:
>
> <h2 class="title">1.1. Foo</h2>

Is there any special reason why you need this?

> How do I get rid of the many div elements? Do I need to look at
> html/sections.xsl or html/titlepage.xsl? And do I need to create a
> titlepage spec file (I hope there is an easier way to do something as
> simple)?

The div elements are usually used to customize your HTML with CSS. They
contain useful information, like "titlepage" in your above case.

For this reason, divs comes from a lot of templates and I don't think it
is really easy to remove them. I suppose you would need to customize
almost everything which is probably a rewrite of the complete
stylesheets.

However, if you need really such a simplified output, you could write a
XSLT stylesheet which reads in the input generated from the DocBook
stylesheets and outputs a simplified HTML version. Maybe this is a bit
easier. Make sure you use the XHTML version to be XML compliant.

I remember there was a similiar questions some time ago. Maybe search the
mailing list archive for additional answers.

Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle