Subject: Re: DocBook to text (solution)

Hi,

I found a solution, that is acceptable for me. Criticism and
help welcome! It's mainly:

$ xsltproc --nonet --xinclude txt.xsl document.dbk | \
  w3m -cols 70 -dump -T text/html -no-graph > document.txt
(txt.xsl attached)

- uses only free software
- handles UTF-8, incl. CJK and RTL
- handles tables
- works with book, article, and refentry
- runs on Linux (presumably under any OS)
- runs non-interactively at the command line
- features an ugly hack to get left margins for paragraphs
- has a centered document title

Thanks to everybody for hints!

txt.xsl