Subject: print customization without title page?

Dear list,
one of our projects has requested a feature, for which I could not find a solution and therefore ask for your support:

My colleagues want to have one customization layer for displaying the whole documents content and another customization producing an FO/PDF output with a very condensed content. The condensed output should not have a title page.

I have tried to adjust the "mytitlepage.spec.xml" (gets transformed to "mytitlepages.xsl") in the following way:

  <!-- ==================================================================== -->

  <!-- Book -->

  <!-- ==================================================================== -->

  <t:titlepage t:element="book" t:wrapper="fo:block">

    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
     <!-- all elements deleted! -->
    </t:titlepage-content>

    <t:titlepage-content t:side="verso">
     <!-- all elements deleted! -->
    </t:titlepage-content>

    <t:titlepage-separator>
    <!--         <fo:block break-after="page" /> -->
    </t:titlepage-separator>

    <t:titlepage-before t:side="recto" />

    <t:titlepage-before t:side="verso">
    <!--     <fo:block break-after="page" /> -->
    </t:titlepage-before>
  </t:titlepage>

So with that, I get one single blank title page before the documents content. But I do not want a title page at all. Could you please give me a hint.

Thanks, Martin

The customization layer includes the mytitlepages.xsl with the following line:
<xsl:include href="../docbook/stylesheet/mytitlepages.xsl"/>

Root element: book
We use: DocBook XML V4.5, XSTLProc, Antenna House V 4.2

-------
Harman/Becker Automotive Systems (Becker Division) GmbH
Becker-Göring-Straße 16 D-76307 Karlsbad - Germany

Martin Schramm

Technical Documentation
ES-P Quality & Tools

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
Geschaeftsfuehrung:  Dr. Wolfgang Ptacek  -  Michael Mauser  -  Regis Baudot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsbad - Registergericht: Mannheim HRB 361395

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.