Subject: Alphabetic navbar for back-of-book index

Is there already a version of autoinx.xsl that will generate an
"A-Z"-style navigation bar at the top of the index? For html output, a
large index will require scrolling down many screens to get to the
alphabetic heading you want. We've had requests for a horizontal
alphabetic navbar.

I'm new to docbook. I think I could figure out how to extend autoinx to
accomplish this, but I don't want reinvent something this obvious if
it's already out there.

Best,
-- Robert Miller