Subject: [docbook-apps] Preface sub sections not formatting as RomanNumerals

I have the parameter set on the Preface option to set the preface sections as
Roman numerals.  However only the first section is getting the roman
numerals.  All sub sections are coming out as arabic numerals.   An example
is

I Preface
   I.1 Some Section
   I.1.1 Another section

How can I get the section numbers to show correctly as roman numerals for
the preface only?