Subject: Re: Remove DOCTYPE from XML document generated from Docbook?

On 2008-07-11, 22:52 GMT, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Ugh.  This is true with Saxon as well.  I had a discussion with
> Michael Kay about this very problem, and it seems that once
> those attributes are set, they can't be completely unset if you
> want no DOCTYPE generated at all.

BTW, I am using xsltproc (will ask Daniel about this; hmm, no
answer on #xml).

> One solution is to edit the original xhtml/docbook.xsl file that your file
> imports to remove those attributes from its xsl:output element.  I hate
> having to edit the distro files, though, and sometimes you can't.  This
> should be possible with a customization layer.

I tried that, but somehow it doesn't work. I use your Docbook
name-aware XSLT stylesheet [1.71.0x (DB5 name-spaced)] and when
using Docbook http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/blog.tdb together
with http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/atom.xsl (and xsltproc
from libxslt-1.1.24-1.fc10.x86_64 on Fedora/Rawhide) I get
http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/blog.atom

Do you have any idea, why it doesn't work? Do I do something
wrong?

Best,

Matěj