Subject: Is the param 'default.image.width' working?

Hello,

I'm trying to use the 'default.image.width' parameter to use as a default image size. Here is the line in my customization layer:

<xsl:param name="default.image.width">3in</xsl:param>

and then in the source:

   <graphic align="center" fileref="basicFlow.png"/>

However, the resulting image is very large - like 50% of it exceeds the page boundaries. It seems like no matter what I put in there it always shows up WAY too big.

Am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood this parameter?

Thanks,
Dean Nelson