Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Is the param 'default.image.width' working?

Thanks Bob! Done!

Bug number :2020774

Dean

In a message dated 7/17/2008 9:03:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bobs@sagehill.net writes:
Hi Dean,
I think this is a bug.  The FO width property specifies the size of the viewport (the space taken up on the page), not the rendered size of the image.  Just setting that to 3in won't resize the image.  That parameter should either put the 3in in content-width, or put scale-to-fit in content-width.  Can you please file a bug report on the SourceForge site on this problem?

Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:40 PM

Here is a bit more on the issue:

Here is the FO code (xsltproc generated):

<fo:external-graphic src="url(images/basicFlow.png)" width="3in" height="auto" content-width="auto" content-height="auto" text-align="center"/>

and here is what is generated when I explicitly use a width with the graphic:

<fo:external-graphic src="url(images/basicFlow.png)" width="3in" height="auto" content-width="scale-to-fit" content-height="scale-to-fit" text-align="center"/>

which presents the correct image size.

Any ideas??

Dean