Subject: Figure and Procedure renumbering

All,

I am trying to find a way around this issue:
- in long chapters with many sections, figures can get a little lost ;-) When I have a figure in section 3.4.5 and its the second figure of the chapter, it is labeled as "Figure 3.2". The figures and procedures are labeled sequentially in the chapter, but I need them to be labeled a bit more sane - like Figure 3.4.5-1 or 3.4-1 or something like that so that the user does not have to refer to the TOC to find the figure. This would help the xref's within the document to be more clear and useful.

I could add the page number to the references, but that adds quite a bit of overhead in a "reference crowded" document.

I've looked in the stylesheet parameter docs but nothing jumps out at me.

Is there any help for the hurting? (The users have me by the throat and its rough out there ;-)

Cheers,
Dean Nelson