Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] website build. output directory problems.

Dave, one of the first things you might want to do is use the XSLT ant
task that comes with ant:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/style.html

<xslt in="doc.xml" out="build/doc/output.xml"
      style="style/apache.xsl">
  <factory name="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl">
    <attribute name="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/features/optimize"; value="true"/>
  </factory>
</xslt>

It also has sub elements for passing the parameters into the the XSL
stylesheet.

Dave Pawson wrote:
> Using ant.
> Using website (most recent)
>
> Structure:
> root
>    xml files here
>    /upload
>

> Problem.
> I'm working from 'root' (in this example)
>
> root> ant website
> used to build the html.
> My request to ant is to build into 'upload' directory
> <arg line="-o upload/op.html "/>

<xslt in="doc.xml" out="upload/op.html" style="style/apache.xsl">
  <factory name="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl">
    <attribute name="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/features/optimize"; value="true"/>
  </factory>
</xslt>

When you are running the ANT scripts it's going to be relative to your
current working directory.

> My request to docbook stylesheets is
> <toc page="ps.xml"   filename="index.html">
>
> I.e. the first output file is in 'the current' directory (unspecified)
>

> Somehow all this is being mixed up.
> index.html has  ../upload/str/strategic.html   as the link
>
> So it seems to be based around the current working directory (root in
> my example)
>
> I don't want to splatter all the html files over the disk alongside
> the xml files.
I haven't used the website stylesheets, but I'm assuming they are
Chunking the files.  If so, then you will probably need to set the
base.dir where you want the chunked files to go:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Chunking.html

<xslt in="doc.xml" out="upload/op.html" style="style/apache.xsl">
  <factory name="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl">
    <attribute name="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/features/optimize"; value="true"/>
  </factory>
  <param name="base.dir" expression="upload/"/>
</xslt>

Hope this gives some ideas.

Dave