Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] roundtrip - wordml2normalise.xsl/normalise-common.xsl - customizing possible?

Hi Vittorio,

Firstly, the roundtrip stylesheets are designed to work with a Word
document authored using the given template - not just any arbitrary
Word document.

However, the stylesheets now sport a customisation layer that allows
you to map custom style names to one of the known style names (as
defined in the roundtrip specification). What I do is rename normalise-
common.xsl to rnd-normalise-common.xsl and then write my own normalise-
common.xsl that imports rnd-normalise-common.xsl. In your custom
stylesheet override the rnd:map-paragraph-style and/or rnd:map-
character-style templates. You template might look something like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version'1.0' ...>
   <xsl:import href='rnd-normalise-common.xsl'/>

   <xsl:template name='rnd:map-paragraph-style'>
     <xsl:param name='style'/>

     <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test='$style = "original-style-name"'>
         <xsl:text>para</xsl:text>
       </xsl:when>
       <xsl:otherwise>
         <xsl:value-of select='$style'/>
       </xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Basically, this is the XSLT equivalent of sed.

I do have some documentation on this... I'll get around to posting on
a website RSN ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Ball