Subject: Question: Removing Namespace attribute in XHTML header style element

Hi,

When I attach a css styles into my XHTML docs using a custom Docbook XSL stylesheet using the following lines...

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY css ".command {
   display: block;
    font-family: monospace;
    border: thin black dotted;
    padding: 1em;
    background-color: #E0E0E0;
}">
]>

...the XHTML output produced after the transformation looks like this...

.command {
   display: block;
    font-family: monospace;
    border: thin black dotted;
    padding: 1em;
    background-color: #E0E0E0;
}

The problem is with the xmlns="" attribute.  It's presence prevents the XHTML from passing validation tests.  Is there anyway to remove this attribute?

Thanks in advance,
Chad

p.s., the real markup has greater than and less than signs, not the entities that I have inserted in the code about.

--
Chad A.
http://www.neomantic.com