Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] An informaltable that chokes FOP

Title: Re: [docbook-apps] An informaltable that chokes FOP
Thanks yet again, I don't use FOP much, but I always use DB5; but I must add in in fop1 rather than fop - just in case.  Can't we get rid of all these extensions and just have a standard?  Isn't that what interoperability is all about?
QUERY: what happens if we add in both extensions?  Can we then use any?  And what about other transformers?
Bob: what is the best thing to do?
Ron

Thanks, that did it.

Ron, fop.extensions didn't; I assume because I'm using DB5 and need fop1.extensions instead.

Lesson learned: turn on the processor extensions whether I think I'm using them or not. XEP has shown no symptom of needing them, but I'll keep them enabled.

Reflection: developing against two processors keeps turning up issues that the tolerance of one would leave as a trap for me later. Annoyingly slow, but probably, like keeping my HTML markup valid, worth the trouble.

SJT
2008/8/26 Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
You need to set the 'fop1.extensions' parameter to 1 when using FOP 0.9*.  That will eliminate the error about xsl:region-body 'blank'.

From: Stephen Taylor
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:15 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] An informaltable that chokes FOP

The attached short article renders perfectly in XEP but breaks FOP. The source of the problem appears to be my customisation layer: with XSLT against just the XSL distribution, the formatters produce identical results.

Or - is the problem with FOP's support for informaltable? If I change the informaltable element to a table element, both FOP and XEP again produce identical results against my customisation layer.

I haven't so far attempted any customisation of tables. Is there something I've written in the customisation layer that affects the informaltable element? Or is this a bug I should report to the FOP project, and if so, in what terms?
  • FO for both formatters produced by xsltproc from docbook-xsl-ns-1.74.0
  • versions.xml validates against docbook-5.0/dtd/docbook.dtd
  • FOP reports: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Flow 'xsl-region-body' does not map to the region-body in page-master 'blank'. FOP presently does not support this.
Stephen