Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Parameters in Docbook Article

Russell Seymour wrote:
> Camille,
>
> That worked brilliantly, thanks.

Great, actually I had never thought about it before, but I guess that's
something that could be generalized and possibly included by default in
the docbook XSL.

What's the others experience with this kind of requirement? (as a
replacement to SGML ENTITY...)
What system did you use? Xinclude?

Camille.
> Russell
>
> 2008/8/26 Russell Seymour <russell.seymour@turtlesystems.co.uk
> <mailto:russell.seymour@turtlesystems.co.uk>>
>
>     Camille,
>
>     Thanks very much for the pointer.  I will give it a go and let you
>     know how it goes.
>
>     Russell
>

>     2008/8/26 Camille Bégnis <camille@neodoc.biz
>     <mailto:camille@neodoc.biz>>
>
>         Hi,
>
>         yes that looks completely reasonable, you'd just need to
>         decide what markup in the source XML would be used to hold the
>         client name, for example <phrase role="xslparam"
>         vendor="output.client"/> (completely wild guess).
>
>         and then define in your custom XSL the function that will
>         match the above element and replace it with the content of the
>         $output.client parameter....
>
>         Hope that helps,
>
>         Camille.
>

>         Russell Seymour wrote:
>
>             Good afternoon,
>
>             I am starting to work with Docbook again after a long time
>             of not using it.
>
>             I am trying to find my feet again, and I am sure there is
>             something that I used to do that I cannot work out how to
>             do how so I am hoping you will be able to assist me.
>
>             I would like to set a parameter on the command line that
>             sets the client, e.g. --stringparam output.client "ACME"
>             and then use the output.client within the Docbook markup
>             and for ACME to be displayed in the final output.
>
>             Is this possible or have I lost I completely lost the plot?
>
>             Thanks, Russell

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Camille B=C3=A9gnis
n;quoted-printable:B=C3=A9gnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:;;139 rue Philippe de Girard;Pertuis;;84120;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.9.54.96.99.55
tel;fax:+33.9.59.96.99.55
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23