Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Titlepage Layout and Width

Hi,
You are running into a bit of inconsistent behavior in the FO stylesheets.  Some titles have attribute-sets that are applied *after* the specs in the titlepage spec file.  The template named "component.title" applies the attribute-set named "component.title.properties", which you can see in fo/param.xsl.  That is overriding your specs, so you will need to customize that attribute-set as well.

The attribute-set idea was meant to be a convenience, since it is easier to customize an attribute-set.  But really those attribute-sets should have been created empty, so that the titlepage spec file mechanism can work without confusion if you don't customize the attribute-set.

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:07 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Titlepage Layout and Width

I am trying to customise my front page title page of my Article.

I have copied and modified the titlepage, so that it is based on this:

  <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto"
         start-indent="0pt"
             text-align="left">

    <title t:named-template="component.title"
       param:node="ancestor-or-self::article[1]"
       font-size="&hsize5;"
       font-weight="bold"
       margin-top="5cm"
       text-align="left" />

    <subtitle text-align='left' />

    <corpauthor space-before="0.5em"
                font-size="&hsize2;"/>
    <authorgroup space-before="0.5em"
                 font-size="&hsize2;"/>

    <othercredit space-before="0.5em"/>
    <releaseinfo space-before="0.5em"/>
    <copyright space-before="0.5em"/>
    <legalnotice text-align="start"
                 margin-left="0.5in"
                 margin-right="0.5in"
                 font-family="{$body.fontset}"/>
    <pubdate space-before="0.5em"/>
    <revision space-before="0.5em"/>
    <revhistory space-before="0.5em"/>
    <abstract space-before="0.5em"
          text-align="start"
          margin-left="0.5in"
              margin-right="0.5in"
              font-family="{$body.fontset}"/>

    <author space-before="1.5em"
            font-size="&hsize0;"
            margin-left="0.5in" />
  </t:titlepage-content>

As you can see I have tried to make everything align to the left, but the Title is not and is still displayed centered on the page, but I want it on the left.

In addition the space available for Subtitle and Abstract seems to be limited, in that my text is wrapped.  I cannot work out if this is a column restriction or similar.  Does anyone know?

Finally I want to have an abstract on the front page, but is it possible to change the title to Executive Summary or get rid of it altogether - the title that is?

Thanks for helping me again,

Russell