Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Adding a background image in footers

You'll have to customize the "footer.table" template (pagesetup.xsl). Modify
the "candidate" variable in that template:

<xsl:variable name="candidate">
    <fo:table xsl:use-attribute-sets="footer.table.properties">

     <!-- Add background image to footer -->
     <xsl:attribute name="background-image">
	<xsl:call-template name="fo-external-image">
	  <xsl:with-param name="filename"
				  select="$footer.path"/>
	</xsl:call-template>
     </xsl:attribute>