Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Two column sections

This requires an extension in the XSL-FO processor.  In Antenna House, you can use an fo:block-container with the extension attributes axf:column-count and axf:column-gap.  In XEP, you should look into using an rx:flow-section element with column-count and column-gap attributes.

If you are using FOP, I think you would have to define the page-master as two columns, and then on all block content, except the section you want in two columns, you would have to add a span="all" attribute.  Then only the sections without span="all" will format in two columns.   Kind of a backwards way of doing it, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to cover all content.

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 5:53 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Two column sections

Hello All,

Does anyone have a way to turn two column flow on for just one section? My docs are normally one column and every once in a while I would like to suspend that and turn two column on.

Maybe like

<section role="twocolumn">

or something like that.

Would that require a new pagemaster? I would rather not use this, because a section could only be half a page.

Regards,
Dean Nelson

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!