Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Specify XHTML "<a title=..." in "<ulink ..."?

Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>, 2008-10-07 09:44 -0700:

>  I'd suggest customizing the whole template with match="ulink" from
>  xhtml/xref.xsl.  It is only 35 lines long, and you could put the title
>  attribute on the <a> element rather than a span.  Wouldn't that give you
>  better behavior in browsers to display the title when hovering?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think the behavior will be
exactly the same in browsers regardless of whether the title is on
a span that's a child of an a element or the title is directly on
the a element itself -- because it seems like the hover behavior
is really attached to the contained text, regardless of what
element contains it, and browsers doen't treat a title on an a
element any differently than they do a title on any other element.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/