Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Index Page: Insert Current Indexterm(s) in The Header

Hi,
I think you want to customize the this template in fo/autoidx.xsl:

<xsl:template match="indexterm" mode="index-primary">
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:if test="$axf.extensions != 0">
      <xsl:attribute
name="axf:suppress-duplicate-page-number">true</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:if>
<!-- ******* insert fo:marker here ********* -->
    <xsl:value-of select="primary"/>

You need to put the fo:marker after any xsl:attribute lines and before any
text content of the block.  The context of this template is the indexterm,
so you can select "primary" and "secondary" elements and combine them in the
text of the marker.

Then you'll need to customize the header.content template with the
fo:retrieve-marker element to pick up the first or last marker on each page.