Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook with Math ML/Latex => PDF

Justus-bulk@Piater.name wrote:

>> AFAIK there is no 'recommended' way to get mathml (either kind)
>> embedded into docbook... yet.
>
> Yep. What I do is:
>
> - type individual variables and very short equations directly as
>   mathml
>
> - type more lengthy math in LaTeX syntax into <textobject role="tex">
>   directly into the docbook source, followed by a
>
>   <textobject role="html">
>     <xi:include href="texmath/whatever.xml"/>
>   </textobject>
>
>   I have makefile-triggered scripts that create the whatever.xml using
>   a standalone TeX-to-MathML converter.
>
> To reduce typing to a minimum, I use emacs-lisp code to create the
> docbook math environments (<[inline]equation> and subtrees).
>
> This setup works very efficiently for me now, but takes some setting
> up.

Yes. Not very general purpose though is it?

Writing in \tex and mathml then using external programs.

I'd like a 'one off' call, which takes docbook + embedded mathml
(namespaced) and produces PDF for say, 80% of input.

With math and its history, I guess there will always
be some 'tweaking' wanted by some users.

I'm assuming that docbook => html with embedded mathl
is another route.

regards

--
Dave Pawson